Sony is now sparing the new update to its top model Xperia XZ Premium and has been confirmed on G8141 and G8142 (Dual SIM) model, which brought new build version of 45.0.A.7.137. The update based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat introduces the latest September, 2017 Google Android security patches. Apart from that, the new update focuses on Wi-Fi connectivity, on this the Wi-Fi performance has been improved with more speed and stability. And, as always, we can get the full FTF firmware file.
- Android Version: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Android Security Patch Level: September 01, 2017
- Baseband Version: 8998-8998.gen.prodQ-00078-10
- Kernel Version: 4.4.21
- Model Number: Sony Xperia XZ Premium G8141, Sony Xperia XZ Premium G8142 (Dual SIM)
- Support Network: LTE 4G
- Build Number: 45.0.A.7.137
- Build Date: Wednesday August 23 11:28:53 2017
- Country: Global
- File Name: G8141_1308-5289_45.0.A.7.137-R7A_Customized_DE.ftf, G8142_1308-6242_45.0.A.7.137-R4A_Customized_MEA.ftf
- Customization Number: Customized_DE 1308-5289, Customized_MEA 1308-6242
- Uploader: Pending
- Updated build number 45.0.A.7.137 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Updated Android security patch level on September 01, 2017
- Improved Wi-Fi performance
- Added other bug fixes
- XZ Premium 45.0.A.7.137 Android 7.1.1.ftf (G8141)
- XZ Premium Dual 45.0.A.7.137 Android 7.1.1.ftf (G8142)
You can install the FTF firmware file to your Xperia XZ Premium via Xperia Flashtool.
By the way, some users have reported that touch screen seems better after update.
Please kindly note that G8142 is dual SIM variant of Xperia XZ Premium.