The China company Huawei has released a new update for their P10 Plus. The update moves build version to new B162. It has been confirmed in the single SIM variant with the mode number of VKY-L09. It is still an Android 7.0 Nougat update with EMUI 5.1 UI. According to the Huawei, the update adds MirrorLink to pair your vehicle and phone. In addition, the update optimizes camera performance, power consumption and touchscreen sensitivity. huawei has now uploaded the full VKY-L09C432B162 firmware file to official server for downloading by users.
- Android Version: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Emotion UI Version: EMUI 5.1
- Android Security Patch Level: Pending
- Baseband Version: Pending
- Kernel Version: Pending
- Model Number: Huawei P10 Plus (VKY-L09)
- Support Network: LTE 4G
- Build Number: VKY-L09C432B162
- Build Date: July, 2017
- Country: European
- File Name: update.zip
- Uploader: Huawei
- Updated build version VKY-L09C432B162 based on Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI 5.1
- Adds new support for MirrorLink for vehicular networking technology, you can therefor operate your phone through the vehicle screen for safer driving
- Optimized camera performance for better photo quality
- Optimized power consumption for extended use
- Optimized touchscreen sensitivity for smoother operations
- Integrated Google Android security patches for improving system security
The update was first confirmed in some European counties. But any way, you can manually update your Huawei P10 Plus L09 to the latest B162 firmware version.
If you want to check the full change log, then please come forward to here.
- Unzip firmware file update.zip you downloaded until you find rom file UPDATE.APP
- Copy UPDATE.APP to dload folder in the top level of the external SD card, if there is not dload folder, please manually create it
- Open project menu from your Huawei phone
- Software Upgrade
- SD card
- Select your firmware file and install it
- Wait for the installation to be completed
- Reboot the device
If you want a more detailed guide, you can go to see the article wrote by Jesse Han.